Bone Grafting and GTR
Bone grafting and GTR procedures have made today’s implantology a more reliable science. The implantologist must be familiar with various types of bone grafts and GTR that can be utilized for optimal results.
- Why graft?
- Why GTR?
- Types of bone grafts:
- Synthetic Vs Organic
- Zenograft- Bovine Vs. Porcine
- Bone Morphogenic Proteins
- Mineralized VS Demineralized
- Particulate Vs block
- Types of GTR:
- Resorbable Vs. Non-resorbable
- Indications and contra-indications for each
- Methods of graft fixation
- Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) –the perfect fluff