Flap and Sutures
Uneventful healing of incisions depends on proper and appropriate design of the flap to assure adequate circulation during the healing period. Sutures must be so placed to keep the flap immobile during the inevitable movements of the interoral tissues during function.
- Basic Oral Surgery-Flaps and Sutures
- To flap or not to flap?
- Full thickness VS. Partial thickness
- Principles of flap design
- Safe flap retraction methods
- Flap designs for maxilla
- Flap designs for mandible
- Keratin purchasing technique KPT
- Periosteal releasing incisions
- Important structures to watch for!
- Flap necrosis-how to predict it?
- Choice of suture materials and thicknesses.
- Choice of needle size
- Interrupted Vs continuous Vs matrix sutures
- Suturing complications